Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Tots

Dani had three kids by the time she was 30.
I am 34 and I don't have even one kid. Sometimes I wish I had two kids-twins. Sometimes I wish I was still a kid and could do my whole teenage years over again. I never would've lost my virginity to Thomas Rousse, that's for sure. He turned out to be such a DORK. Plus I got pregnant the second time we had sex. I mean, I would have a 20 year old kid right now if my parents hadn't made me get an abortion. Maybe those would've been my twins. We could be swapping clothes and going out to bars next together. I'd be the hottest mom of any college junior around, HANDS DOWN!
Coulda Shoulda Woulda
Instead I got "the operation" and then went back to school the next day with a note from my mom excusing me from gym for the week, thinking that life would return to normal. WRONG. My reputation completely changed after the whole ordeal...I had been pretty popular, and once I got pregnant all those girls ditched me. Then, after the abortion, they got really really mean, and would do disgusting things with their lunch food, like with cherry Jell-o and corned beef hash.
The whole experience was a jerky whirlwind, like a bad carnival ride that's over before you've even figured out how to put your seatbelt on.
There was some dorky fat girl in our grade whose name I don't even remember, but that awful first day back, when the popular girls were at their meanest and I was at my weakest, the fat dork gave me her tater tots, which in retrospect was a really sweet thing to do. I of course didn't eat them, but I appreciate the gesture now.
I've grown up a lot since then.

No comments: